Before we do the round-up this week, I have to take a moment and tell you guys about something that is only minimally tangentially related to this blog. If you want to skip ahead, go ahead. I’ll meet you at the next heading.
I WROTE A NEW BOOK! My friend, writing partner, and all-around awesome-as-all-hell badass lady boxer and funny-as-shit writer, Lisa Creech Bledsoe and I have been working together for a few months on some books on writing, and the first one in our Badass Writing series– Bagels, Dirty Limericks, and Martinis: The Badass Guide to Writing Your First Book– just came out!
I am stoked as all hell about this book because:
1. It’s funny (if I do say so myself).
2. It has lots of penis jokes and swears in it (just like this blog, so you guys will probably like it).
3. It’s full of great info and practical worksheets, and none of that touchy-feely “if you dream it, you can do it” bullshit.
4. Right now it’s FREE. Not even kidding. If you get it by April 8, you get it for $0, no strings attached.
5. If you get the book for free and leave a review on Amazon by April 10, you’ll be invited to an exclusive Ask Us Anything teleconference with me and Lisa. Just email us to let us know you wrote a review! (We’ll seriously answer anything, I’m pretty sure. You guys already know my BM schedule, but I’m sure you can come up with something embarrassing to ask. In fact, I dare you.)
Ok, that’s it. Just wanted to let you know about that.
Onward to brilliance from the Pintestes…
You were not scared to get all Biblical with me about the resurrection rolls.
Emily Muise • With the spots from the cinammon rolls, it looks a bit like leprosy.
Alexandra Killian •Hey, if you’re going to be eating the body of Christ, these at least look tastier than those awful little communion wafers.
Groovinchikin • mmm…We made these in VBS every year as a kid. I was way less concerned with the metaphor and way more interested in how delicious the Savior ooze was. There is nothing like sweet, crispy body o’ Christ. We used crescent rolls and muffin tins, but it’s the same creepy idea.
This is what I should have written in my post on the sour patch grapes. All I could come up with was “smooshed orange something.” I fail.
Anonymous • it looks like cheeto dust.
Thanks for making my jokes for me, dudes, even if they escape me. Much appreciated, as always.
If you liked this post, please pin it on Pinterest or share it where you hang out most! Share buttons are below to make it super easy! Thanks!