Happy October! This month, I’ll be featuring all those pumpkin-flavored, apple-having, cute-ghost-tutorial pins for Halloween and fall. It’s going to be a month full of scary pinnable twee. I can feel your excitement.
I thought I’d start with a drink, because that’s pretty much how I start everything.
The recipe is super easy: cider, ginger ale, bourbon. I mean, you know, the actual post calls for fresh cider and extra gingery ginger ale and Kentucky bourbon. We do what we can do.
I have from concentrate cider, Schwepps cheapass ginger ale, and Jack Daniels. So we’ll call it close enough and mix that shit in a glass.
- It’s not as good as my beloved Tom Collins.
- If you put it in a little glass, there’s only room for one shot of Jack.
- It reminds me more of breakfast juice than autumn.
- It’s super easy to make.
- I ran out of lemon juice, so there was no Tom Collins to be had anyway.
- Even if you don’t do the pretty apple garnish, it’s a cute drink.
So, in the end, if you’re looking for something simple that’s still a nice-enough cocktail, this one could fit your bill.